Network & Security Consultant – London – 3 Months
An urgent requirement has arisen for a Network, Security and Systems analyst to assist with some work in the Central London area on an initial 6 week contract looking to start on the 28th January. The successful candidate will be the ‘owner’ of the Firm’s networks and technology security solutions – to be the main contact in respect of developing, maintaining and providing support leadership, business continuity, change management and release management.
- To maintain the Firm’s networks and technology security solutions – to manage and deliver projects in respect of upgrades, maintenance, capacity management, system performance and measurement, in conjunction with relevant vendors and consultants where appropriate.
- To lead projects in respect of upgrades to networks or new networks, WAN & LAN, as part of office expansion or office move projects.
- To contribute to the roadmap for continuous improvement, evolution and suitable replacement when/where necessary, of the networks and technology security solutions employed at the Firm.
- To standardise and globalise networks and technology security systems taking into account both global and regional needs.
- To lead and provide specific, technical support for the Firm’s networks and technology security systems.
- To grow an awareness and understanding of the related systems, architecture and processes across the SH technology estate, including integrations between systems.
- To provide operational handover / service introduction documentation and training material, in conjunction with the IT Training team where appropriate, to the IT team as deployments and upgrades dictate.
- To provide general 3rd line infrastructure support in-line with a) the needs of the Firm and b) the remit of the team.
Education and Experience
- High-level design/specification on a global scale, protocols, routing, methods to classify and prioritise traffic, methods to provide high availability and resilience
- Methods to monitor and measure performance and availability
- Management of network providers to ensure solutions fit and continue to fit the needs of the Firm
- High-level design/specification, protocols, routing, methods to provide sufficient performance and capacitymeans to classify and prioritise traffic for converged solutions (voice & data)
- Network switching – Experience of the implementation, configuration and operational maintenance of Extreme, Cisco switches or similar.
- Firewalls – Experience of selection, implementation, configuration and regular upgrades for Palo Alto, Cisco or similar devices on a global scale
- WAN optimisation devices – familiarity of WAN optimisation devise such as Silverpeak, Riverbed
- Load balancing appliances – familiarity with load balancing devices such as F5, Citrix NetScaler.
- SSL certificate management – application for, renewal of, maintenance of, for all global devices and systems.
- Experience in preparing documentation and guidance for others – required.
- Experience in related supplier management, with vendors and resellers – required.
This is an exciting, long terms opportunity with a lot of interest! If you’re available and interested then please apply ASAP for further details.