Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Consultant – London – 3 Months
An urgent requirement has arisen for a Virtual Desktop infrastructure architect to assist with some work in the Central London area on an initial 4-6 week contract looking to start on the 28th January. You’ll be responsible for the ownership, development, and maintaining the firm’s global virtual desktop architecture and related solutions delivery in line with ISO27001 and Cyber Essentials Plus requirements
- Lead the analysis, design, planning, implementation and optimization of VDI related projects
- Ensure stable and optimal operations of VDI, including monitoring system performance, maintenance, and capacity management.
- Proactively maintain build and patch levels for VDI operating systems and applications.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Be involved in infrastructure security audits as appropriate.
- Provide general 3rd line infrastructure support in-line with a) the needs of the Firm and b) the remit of the team.
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office application configuration, including methods to configure, deploy, manage and maintain, e.g. GPO, OCT, WSUS.
- Detailed knowledge of desktop management
tools, and can demonstrate technical leadership and subject matter expertise in
the following areas:
- Citrix XenApp
- Citrix XenDesktop
- VMware VSphere
- Microsoft Windows Server Technologies
- RES – Workspace Manager and Automation Manager
- 3rd Line incident/problem management experience.
- Confident and clear communication (verbal and written) with people at all levels of the business hierarchy.
This is an exciting, long terms opportunity with a lot of interest! If you’re available and interested then please apply ASAP for further details.